Becoming a Fellow of the Vertex Society is free and open to any person of legal age scoring at or above 3.75 standard deviations above the mean of the general population on a professional, standardized test of intelligence.
That translates to the following IQ values:
- sd15 – 156IQ
- sd16 – 160IQ
which is a 1/11,000 rarity in the general population assuming intelligence is normally distributed.
In other words, Vertex cut-off lies at the 99.991st percentile, which is to say only a little less than one tenth of one thousandth part of the general population qualifies at this level which amounts to approximately 700,000 people in the present world population of about 7.7 billion.
As of more recent times standard deviation of 15 has been widely accepted by the scientific community. During the last century of research into intelligence though, that was standard deviation of 16 and so most popular notions of IQ are made using standard deviation of 16.
Two steps to the application process
- filling in and sending the online application form
- sending a copy of your score report from a professional supervised test with your signature
You will be provided the mailing address for sending a copy of the score report after submitting the online application.
For any of the listed admission tests which have been discontinued or compromised only score reports dated prior to their discontinuation or compromise will be considered for membership.
- Vertex Society reserves the right to change admission tests and scores as tests are discontinued or revised by their publishers and regulatory bodies.
- Applications based on internet puzzles will be ignored.
- Only one admission application per individual is allowed. Applications from persons previously refused on the basis of submitting outdated score reports, invalid score reports or falsified score reports, will not be appraised second time.